This weekend I have joined my touchtable project with rear projection screen table made by Ivan Habrun.
This posts introduces a result of our joined effort - Touchtable with rear project ala Microsoft Surface multitouch device. By combining these technlogies we have created a working prototype of multitouch interface that has similar features as Microsoft Surface but just fraction of costs.
The projector used is BenQ MP776ST with buying price approximately 1200€, depth camera tracking my fingers is Microsoft Kinect.
Video shows whole hardware assembly and how the BenQ projector and Microsoft Kinect are placed. First I use my Sketchup plugin to show multitouch properties of the interface and at the and I control Crayone Deluxe game with my fingertip, drawing objects that immediately appear on the table.
More information about TouchTable project and how to download and install it can be found here: http://jetensky.net/blog/2011/12/18/touchtable/
If you are interested in using this table for your project, please contact Ivan Habrun (ifko5<..put..roller..here..>hotmail.com) for more information.
Související články v kategorii 3D User interfaces
- How to get OpenCV (EmguCV) Image from Primesense Kinect RGB camera - 24.2. 2012
- How to get OpenCV (EmguCV) Image from Primesense Kinect depth generator - 24.2. 2012
- Use your desk as mouse-free multitouch interface with MS Kinect - 18.12. 2011
- Finding points in 3D space using point quad tree - java sources - 7.3. 2011
- 3DKeyboard project - 3.2. 2011